Monday 16 June 2014

Blogger Interview- Laura from Shimmerofpink


1) First of all, what’s your full name and where can people find you?
My name is Laura and I am from Shimmerofpink || Beauty and Lifestyle Blog (shimmerofpink.blogspot.com)

2) What part of the world are you from and where are you now?
I was born and have lived all my life so far in Scotland.

3) What do you blog about and how often do you post?
I blog all things beauty and life. From reviews, tutorials, to recipes and my thoughts. I try to post 3 times a week; a lot of the time I post more than that; and during busy spells and University I will at least post one a week.

4) Why and when did you start your blog?
I started in April 2012, and I started my blog as an away of escape as I was very unwell, and it allowed me to remove myself from what was happening.

5) Who are your favourite bloggers?
Anna Saccone-Joly, Louise from SprinkleofGlitter, Chloesway.com, Couture Girl, DottyDolly and many more; I have a favourite bloggers section on my blog. 

6) What do you look for in a blog to make you like it?
First impressions for me is a big thing and if I'm not a huge fan when I first see it the chances are I probably won’t like it. I love simple web designs with some personality, good pictures and creative content. I don't like seeing copies of other bloggers post I love seeing new and interesting posts.

7) What, if anything, do you want to come from your blog?
Spread happiness and share what I love with others. I love getting comments on my blog and bloglovin followers as it makes me smile but I just love to blog.

8) What are your 3 Holy Grail beauty products?
Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation
Soap and Glory SuperCat Eyeliner 
MAC Saint Germain Lipstick

9) Where do you get inspired?
From all around me; other blogs; pinterest; twitter; my family. Everything and anything!

10) What do you find to be the hardest part of blogging?
Not having the time to blog as much as I want to. If I could I would be writing for my blog all day everyday! But its just not possible with University and working.

11) As it’s coming up to the summer holidays, what are you travel essentials?
Foundation/ BB/ CC creams with SPF in them. Dry shampoo for the mornings you can't be bothered to wash your hair and just want to get out and about in the sun. A good book; I love reading lying in the sun. Ice-lollies!

12) What’s your favourite store for getting all your little beauty must-haves?
UK shops such as Boots, superdrug and supermarkets. They often have good deals on like 3 for 2 or buy one get one free.

13) Are you in work/school at the moment? If yes, what do you do?
I am currently at University studying Psychology and I also work in a restaurant.

14) Where do you see yourself in ten years time? 
Hopefully with children. Also working with children as a psychologist. I also want to do some travelling.

15) What do you like doing in your spare time?
Baking and blogging. I have finished University for the summer and all I seem to be doing is baking!

16) Any talents?
I sing and play the piano; if you follow me on instagram ( @shimmerofpink ) I quite often post little snippets.

17) If you could do any one thing, what would it be? (Travel the world/ learn ten languages/ feature on your favourite tv show etc)
I would love to meet the cast of friends! I would also love to be a makeup artist for celebrities (that would be awesome!)

18) What’s your favourite non-beauty item?
My denim jacket, sunglasses and my laptop! My three cannot live without items (during the summer).

19) Any top-tips for looking and feeling fabulous this summer?
Fake tan! I love a having a natural glow and with being in Scotland we don’t get a lot of sun so it is okay to cheat! Also staying hydrated and having lots of fun days out with friends and family.

20) Lastly, what advice would you give a blogger when they enter the big blogging world?

Blog because you love it. Be confident and passionate about what you love. Trust your opinions even if others tell you otherwise and enjoy! Enjoy your blog, enjoy writing and have fun with it. Let your creative side run free!

I would love to give a MASSIVE thank you to Laura for taking part in this quick little interview and I hope you guys enjoyed it!! Isn't she fabulous?!?! 

Best wishes lovelies,
Luke. XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment